Friday, November 11, 2016

VIB Rouge Sale!







So November is upon us and you know what that means. VIB sales are a go and all products are an additional 20% off. Of course all of us beauty addicts create our ultimate wish lists are created and it's also a great time to get some holiday shopping completed for your the fellow beauty addicts in your life.
So these are the products I picked up during the Rouge weekend and am definitely looking forward to experimenting with these!

Maybe you'll notice but there is a good three separate Belief products in my little haul. I fell in love with the aqua bomb lotion from a few posts ago that came in a sample bag. So I ended up ordering one full size bottle and then just going hog wild in sample sizes and using my points to get a pack. Highly recommend this moisturizer! Smells great and feels amazing on the skin! I also used my BI points to pick up a split mender from Perfect Hair Day and 100% Argan Oil from Josie Maran. I rarely use my points and was totally down to spend a couple to pick up these travel sizes for when I go to Florida.

I also picked up a travel size Hoola bronzer, I've really been wanting to try it so when I saw a mini size I added it into my basket at the last second, oops! So far really enjoying it, it came with a mini brush that reminded me of the Nars Ita brush, really nice to contour with. We also went with Origins Frothy Face Wash which I tried in a 500 point pack and also fell in love with it, amazing smells from this bad boy. Also picked up Tarte's marine boosting spray, was running low on mine, great primer spray and refresh spray. Has a nice citrusy scent to it and very light on the skin. For the final two little ones I got a lighter concealer from Nars in Chantilly and I picked up my dad a new cologne by Burberry. A very fresh masculine scent, perfect for a Christmas gift this year.

So the three palettes that I was most excited to get were the first things I put into my basket. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on the new ABH Glow Kit, but decided to just pick it up and give it a go. I have heard that spraying a little Mac Fix + makes it glow better and lay on the skin better so I'm going to give that a go. After using it for a couple of days I personally really like it, I don't mind a little heavier glitter bomb in highlights. Also I like to use the tanner shades as eyeshadows and inner corner highlights. Also really cute, the font in Glow Kit actually glows in the dark!
Up above are the swatches bottom to top on my arm:
- Snow
- White Sand
- Golden Dawn
- Sunray
- Amber Gold
- Hot Sand

*Retails for $45

Alright next palette in the line up is Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette. Verdict: LOVE IT. I think it is a must have in any collection, the berry colors are gorgeous and great to infuse a little color in neutral eye looks. These shadows are pigmented and buttery, very easy to blend. I do wish there was just one more highlight color, the one included is a little weak for me. Something like Vermeer but matte and brighter. I also love the velvet packaging, reminds me of the Naked 1 palette, and it does come with a basic double sided brush.
Swatches on arm bottom to top:
- Tempera
- Golden Ochre
- Vermeer
- Buon Fresco
- Antique Bronze
- Love Letter
- Cyprus Umber
- Raw Sienna
- Burnt Orange
- Primavera
- Red Ochre
(On hand bottom to top)
- Venetian Red
- Warm Taupe
- Realgar

* Retails for $42

And last but not least, the Naked 2 palette! Also I feel like a must in any collection, it is a cult classic. I do swing more for Naked 1, but I haven't played too much with this guy yet so we will see! I'm probably one of the few who prefer Naked 1 packaging to the plastic packaging of Naked 2 and 3, but ya know. In true Urban Decay fashion, these shadows are fab. Pigmented, easy to work with, nice day to night look, and countless of styles to make.  This one also comes with a brush just like the other Naked palettes. I'm not a huge fan of Foxy, the first shade. It's the only one that feels chalky and not as pigmented. It took a couple of swatches to show up in a swatch test. That is my only problem with the whole palette.
Swatches from bottom to top:
- Foxy
- Half - Baked (You can find this shade in Naked 1 as well)
- Bootycall
- Chopper
- Tease
- Snakebite
- Suspect
- Pistol
- Verve
- YDK
- Busted
- Blackout

*Retails at $54

Well those were my picks for the VIB sale this year. Apologies for the super long post but I just really wanted to get a little more in depth with those 3 palettes!
What are products are on your wish list? Or what did you end up purchasing at the sale?
 Let me know!

Till next time!
x.


No comments:

Post a Comment