Friday, November 18, 2016

Jouer Liquid Lipsticks - First Glance






Hey guys! Decided to pick up two new liquid lippies from a new brand and one not sold at Sephora. These are $18 each and I would give a 4 out of 5 for these guys. But I would purchase more of these again, they have some great metallic colors to choose from and I would love to try their lip topper color.
I heard about this brand for the first time on Pinterest from an article about the above color I purchased, Papaye. With the pictures given in the article I was so drawn into it, it was a metallic color I've never really seen before.

The last time this shade went on sale, it was sold out in a *day*....:
This is the picture that I saw from Look Magazine! Obsessed with it, lemme tell ya. I decided to go with this color (obviously) and also Bronze Rose. On the site it's described as a metallic cool deep rose and Papaye as a warm metallic peach.

For me, I found the Bronze Rose to be more red based than rose color based. But still a gorgeous color, especially for fall. Papaye I will be completely honest with you does not look good on me alone at all! If you're very fair skinned like me, I have slight olive tones, isn't the most flattering color. But it's very interesting how it changes shades just slightly in light. I'm still obsessed with it though, it works great as a lip topper.

I love applying Bronze Rose on top and then using Papaye has a highlight in the center of my lips. It dries down perfectly and gives the lips an even fuller look. I always reach for Papaye for a little pop to darker colors, especially for the fall and winter. I'm also a big fan of the applicator, it has a really nice point to first line the lips. That is very handy indeed, especially with darker colors.

My only complaint was that it gets a bit flaky after some wear time and needs some chapstick applications for the extra dry down from it being matte. With a little reapplication and some careful moisture reapplication and it'll wear perfectly throughout the day.

Other than that, gorgeous colors and easy application if you don't mind a little flaking. But hey no liquid lipstick is perfect and dryness is to be expected.

where to buy: www.jouercosmetics.com

Till next time!
x.

No comments:

Post a Comment