Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Juvia's Place - Nubian Palette


I need another moment of silence for make-up... Okay so this is a Juvia's Place post. This indie brand has taken the scene by storm and there is a mix of different opinions. One thing no one can contest though is the quality of these shadows. More about the opinions later, lets talk the palette before the company.

Alright this palette is a warm neutral gal's dream come true. Gorgeous golds, oranges, and browns. These shadows are super easy to blend, can make a lot of looks, and EXTREMELY PIGMENTED. I did a wear test with one eye with primer (UD) and no primer and they both held up flawlessly. There is practically no fall out, just the darker matte colors have just a wee bit. They are still very buttery though, not chalky (amen).

This palette is inspired by Queen Nefertiti and boy did they nail it. I am a huge fan of Ancient Egypt so not only falling for the hype of this brand, but the idea behind it immediately sold me. The highlight shades are stunning and I love the two dimensional shimmer highlight, they're all good to even use for face highlight. I find myself reaching for this palette for a good shock color to add to a look, their metallic shadows are just amazing. I also really like the 2 dark browns at the bottom of the palette, perfect for liners and to add a little dimension to the outside of the eye. Overall the only con if I really had to pick one is there is no mirror... but that isn't a big deal to me.

Now the drama of this company are customer reports of damaged merchandise on arrival, merchandise not showing up, no money back when claims put forth, long shipment times, and horrible customer service. I know that is a lot... A lot of people won't shop this indie brand just because of all this. With my personal experience ordering through them was very well. When this palette was back in stock there was a notice that processing time could take 5-7 days, which I thought was great to address the long shipment times. My palette was processed within 2 days and then shipped the very next day.

I received the palette in about 5 days and it was bubble wrapped not only around the packaging but the palette itself was also bubble wrapped within. Then there was added bubble wrap that actually took me a second to get out of the box. So they defiantly have addressed the broken merchandise claims and have tried to protect make-up through the shipment process. I'm not sure how customer service is, I never had to contact them. I received its tracking number the moment it shipped, so the 3rd day into my ordering.

I highly recommend this palette. It seems they've defiantly stepped up their company to process all these orders. I feel like being an indie brand and suddenly getting an influx of buyers after being hyped by big youtubers played a part in some of the issues that were brought up.

where to buy: www.juviasplace.com

Till next time!
x.

No comments:

Post a Comment