Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Grav3yardGirl Swamp Queen Palette




Can we all just take a moment of silence for this palette and its highlighter... Okay lets jump into this bad boy!

I'm a huge fan of Grav3yardGirl aka Bunny Meyers. So when I heard she was collabing with Tarte on her own makeup palette I knew I had to have it!! The packaging is so adorable, it has the look of wood and actually reminds me of an Ouija board when I first saw it. But also it is very Bunny, all the way to giving a gator its wangs on the front of box and palette.
It has a nice weight to it, feels of good quality. It does have a magnetic closure on it, think UD Naked 1 palette, and a good size for travel. Also comes with a brush, great for getting into that crease.
Pigmentation on everything is great to say, but be warned there is A LOT OF GLITTER. You will experience some fall out on with these guys, even with primer. Glitter glue may work wonders with the ones that have the micro glitter in them.

Swatches from left to right on arm:

+ #SFS
+ Natural Peaches
+ Dogman - micro glitter
+Big Baby
+ Sassy Bun (love!)
+ Sippy Sippy - micro glitter
+ Haunting
+ Uncommon
+ Mancat

Swatches from left to write on hand:

+ Bronzer - Sweet Tea
+ Blush - Does This Thing Really Work?
+ Highlighter - Gator Wings (LOVE)

Highlighter is great for the inner corner of your eye as well, one of the best highlighters I have ever used. I go to this palette some days just for that highlight for my eye look. Gorgeous.

My only complaints has got to be the glitter overload and the scent is a little overpowering for me. There is glitter in not only the shadows, but also the bronzer and the blush. If not put on carefully it can look like a hot mess. The bronzer has a orange hue to it, for my skin tone it doesn't look too hot. Sometimes I'll utilize it for that sparkle and very light contouring. Blush isn't too overpowering with the glitter, but it does have a shine to it. It also has a very string vanilla scent to it, more of a personal thing for me though. I'm not a big fan of vanilla scented things, mostly to the palette. I only caught the faintest of whiffs from it when applied to my face.
Other than that, love this palette!! Love the warm and cool toned colors in here, gives it some diversity!

Till next time!
x.


No comments:

Post a Comment